Friday, May 02, 2008

Rock Band

So, I got a nice rebate gift card from Best-Buy a while back, and I used it to purchase Rock Band. The game is awesome, and I definitely need to use it more in a group atmosphere, but I have really enjoyed the drumming part even as a solo tour. I played drums for about 4 years in jr high/high school, and it is pretty close to exactly the skills you would need to play. But, I have come across the song from hell. "green grass and high tides" is now the hardest song I have played. I am still on the medium difficulty, but I have passed a few on hard. But, this song has two different tempos that head up to double time, and there is a point in the song where I tend to lose it. I wouldn't mind so much, if the song wasn't freaking 10 minutes long. I always get to the 7 minute mark and lose it. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I have progressed to 62%, 65%, and now up to 82% completion, and I just know if I can make it past the hard part, the last section of the song should be smooth sailing. The problem is that once I fail the song, I am not in the mood for another 7 minutes of failure.

No comments: