Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tired But still kicking

Well, it is the 6th week of the quarter, and I am beginning to feel the effects of working full time while taking a class at school. I don't know if it is the content of the class, or if I am completely wiped out by the time I get there, but the class is not as engaging as much as I would like it. Shan and I just had a wonderful weekend with her family, and we were able to spend some quality time with her parents. I always love having them around, so I can't wait to see them for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to the end of this quarter and a chance to have some breathing room. Of course, I will dive right into another class, so there won't be too much breathing, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel bad for Shan because she is dealing with a cold now. I need to avoid getting the cold as much as I can. But I still need to be able to take care of her. Interviews continue tomorrow, and I really hope we find a good fit. It has been a trying time to do interviews, and we truly need someone to handle the extra workload. Well, it is about time I went and did some more reading. More to come later. Oh by the way. The Isaiah class has resonated very well with me as I see the cultural similarities with the Isaiah context and today. We are a society filled with idols and false securities. How can the church possibly combat the culture it is so deeply immersed in? Thank God he is all powerful. By the way, is anyone else tired of these Christians on the Amazing Race. If I hear "Dear God, help us to beat these people" one more time, I will scream. Oye!!!

No comments: