Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Wonder of Being a Servant

I must admit that the Isaiah class continues to surprise me in new ways, and I am convinced that my lack of enthusiasm in the class has been my lack of energy. Tonight, God spoke through in the midst of my exhausted state. I am in awe of the call to servant-hood God has on our lives. Not only are we to be obedient, we are to sacrifice our very natures for the sake of God's kingdom and love for this world. As I have said before, I am far too quick to assume I am the one who has it all right, while others need to change. That could not be further from the truth. Yet, in the midst of this servant call from God is a commitment from God to us. For us to be the servants of the Creator, he must commit to us, promising to be faithful and supportive within that call. Now, this call is not meant for our sake, but for the sake of others. God has chosen us, not for our own individual salvation (whatever that means anyways), but he has chosen us so that others might experience the light and love of Christ. This call to servant-hood is far beyond me. And thank God for that.

No comments: